Sadie Guichard's Blog
For example, home ownership usually brings with it tax advantages and investment features that can work in your favor. Getting guidance from a licensed tax advisor and financial consultant can help make sure you're getting the maximum return on your real estate investment.
Tips For House Hunters
If you're in the process of buying or looking for a new house, an experienced real estate agent (and home inspector) can be a valuable resource when evaluating the condition of a home, estimating the current market value of the property, and predicting the growth potential of the neighborhood. As you may already know, the location of a property is one of the most important aspects of its current and future value.
Seller disclosure laws, which vary from one state to the next, can offer buyers some measure of protection against costly problems, health or safety hazards, or quality of life issues down the road.
There are two reasons that seller disclosure requirements don't always protect home buyers from property flaws and repair problems: seller dishonesty or hidden conditions sellers aren't aware of. They can't reveal issues they don't know about, and in some cases problems are hidden behind walls, ceilings, and other places.
As mentioned, a potential obstacle to getting the full story about a home's history, flaws, and weaknesses is the seller's unwillingness to be completely honest. Even though they're opening themselves up to a potential lawsuit if they fail to reveal known problems with the property, they may risk it if they think full disclosure may derail their chances to sell the house or get top dollar for it.
From the buyer's standpoint, the best advice to keep in mind is caveat emptor: "Let the buyer beware." Your real estate agent can fill you in on the details of exactly what a seller needs to disclose, in terms of flaws, defects, hazards, damage, repairs, infestations, and even bizarre things like paranormal activity, suicides or crimes that occurred in the house. You'll also want to know things like whether the property is in a designated flood plain, whether there are any boundary line disputes, and if there are known toxic substances on the premises or underground.
While there are many variations in seller disclosure forms (depending on state laws and local conditions), there are also standard questions in most forms. As a side note, some localities may require disclosure about hazards such as earthquakes, fires, or other potential natural disasters.
You can get an overall idea of what's included by doing an online search for property disclosure forms. Generally speaking, the most reliable sources of information are your real estate agent, a real estate attorney, or your state's Department of State.
777 Lancaster Avenue, Lunenburg, MA 01462
No parent sets out to raise children who will grow up and struggle with obesity and poor physical health. Yet, it happens. An impediment to good physical fitness in children is comfort. It's the same barrier that adults face at home when they are trying to lose weight and get and stay physically fit.
Early steps to using your house to raise fit children
To encourage your children to be physically fit, set a good example. For example, you could walk for an hour a day around your neighborhood or at a nearby school. You could also work out at a gym four or more days a week.
If you work full-time and your children see you making time to exercise, that can send a strong message to your children that you value physical fitness a lot. The example also shows your children that they, too, can find time to exercise regularly.
Other ways that you could use your house to raise fit children involve your groceries.Bring home fresh fruit and vegetables at least once a week. Make these items a regular part of your weekly grocery list. Cut back on sugary foods and foods that are high in sodium. Also:
- Build a gym at your house. This doesn't have to be a large gym. You could build a gym with dumb bells, a rowing machine and an exercise bike. If you have a basement, you could place a treadmill in the gym as well.
- Exercise with young children at least once a day at home. Make the experience fun by playing upbeat music while you and your children exercise at home.
- Play fitness videos and exercise along with trained instructors. Get your children to work out with you.
- Instead of buying your children loads of video games, invest in a bicycle. Encourage your children to ride their bicycle and play games outside with their friends. Just being outdoors in natural light can give your children's mental health a boost.
- Drink clean water instead of soda at home.
- Cook healthy meals and serve them to your children. Let your children cook healthy meals and acquire a strong appreciation for healthy food.
- Limit the numbers of rooms at your house that you place remote controls in. This can prompt you and your children to walk and move more.
- Install sit stand desks at your house. Your children can do their homework while standing. This may make it easier for your children to move and walk more when they are home.
- Keep alcohol and cigarettes out of your house.Once again, this sets a good example for your children.
- Spend time outdoors with your children working in the yard, reading outside and supervising your children while they play outdoors.
Your house can offer your children comfort and strong fitness habits. Because your children are young and impressionable, healthy physical fitness habits that they develop at home could extend throughout their lives.
777 Lancaster Avenue, Lunenburg, MA 01462
More Info on this Property | New Listing Alerts